Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Weekly Journal 27

A story from your childhood:

     Today, I would like to tell the story about when I learned to ride a two-wheeled bike. I was really young, about 6 or 7 years old. My dad always encouraged me to do sports and close to my town, there was a really small village called "Pueblo Nuevo".
     We started going there to play football or basketball because there was a velodrome where you could practice whenever you wanted.
     The day my parents bought me my first bike, I was so happy. It had four wheels because I still didn't know how to ride it. We would go there every weekend with my new bike and I started to learn little by little.
     One day, a few months later or so, we went there and I saw a boy riding a bike with only two wheels and I told my dad I wanted to try, so when we came back home he unscrewed the two extra wheels my bicycle had.
     At first, he helped me a lot holding it from behind so I didn't fall. However, that bike became too small for me and we went to buy one considered for big kids and I was so excited to be one of them. I loved that bike and still do. I fell a lot of times, but when I finally managed to control it, I used it to relieve stress or bad concerns. I would ride around the velodrome really fast for a lot of time while my dad took care of my sister in the playground.
     I remember that experience as one of the most memorable of my childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment